Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
With the government making it mandatory for corporate sector to participate in social activities as a part of their social responsibility many Corporate Houses are participating in the social sectors by partnering with voluntary organizations working in the non-formal sectors.
IPER has partnered with The Times of India in their country-wide programme on 'Teach India' where volunteers were mobilized to teach children in IPER’s Learning Centres. Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Tata Teleservices Ltd., Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata, Ericsson Global and SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd. Kolkata beside many other business houses in short term activities by contributing items of basic needs of children and undertaking services and events with them.
IPER has undertaken partnership with many other agencies as UWK, Soroptimist International of South Kolkata, Inner Wheel Club of Calcutta West and Mid Town, IL&FS and several other agencies.
The different events organized under CSR are –
- Training on Automobile Engineering
- Training on Computer Hardware and Maintenance
- Training in pharmaceutical related jobs
- Training of young girls on income generation activities
- Donation of books in library
- Sponsoring recreational events
- GKB Opticals conducted “Better Vision Programme” at IPER. Eye camps were held where persons from the under-privileged population, attended for eye screening and distribution of free spectacles were given to those who need Vision Correction.
- TATA Telecommunication services was conducted on ‘interview skill training’. The Workshop was attended by IPER trainees. The topics covered in the Workshop were understanding about interview, elements of successful interview, communication and steps for opening and closing an interview and grooming.
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd., conducted a programme titled ‘Art Beat” where children participated in drawing on the theme ‘Clean Art – Green Earth’.
- Crayons of Hope Foundation initiated a programme on library titled “Wall O Books” with children and for children.
- Spencers Retail Ltd, is donating fruits and vegetables for children everyday.